Wednesday, September 25, 2019

So many to thank... Melanie's Sweet Treats, Abby's Bake Shoppe and Kidding Around Acres

There are so many people to thank for helping to pull Noah's Kindness Project together.  It is definitely not a solo project or even just a family project, it is a community one and without so many of you that have helped us, we could never have had NKP become what it has.

There are so many to thank I'd hate to try to list everyone for I surely would fail at recognizing all those who deserve recognition.  I did want to however say a couple quick special thank you's to a couple of folks who have their own businesses and have donated to help us spread kindness.




First of all Melanie's Munchies.  I was introduced to Mother Melanie's Sweet Treats a few years ago and I'm hooked.  These sweet treats are some of my favorite snacks to treat our family to at holidays, or just any other day of the week.  We recently shared them with the boy's baseball team and they couldn't get enough.  That made me feel better because when I tried them for the first time, I planned to share with the whole family.  Turns out I ate the entire bag before any of the kids got home from school and Jarrett from work.



This year Melanie has again donated her amazing treats to us to share with those at the hospital.  I know how long those shifts are for the hardworking staff and I think they will definitely enjoy this sweet treat to help them power through.  

I highly encourage you, if you live in Arizona, to visit Melanie's website and treat yourself to some of her amazing munchies... there are several different flavors, so far haven't found one we didn't love.
Melanie thank you for sharing your talents with us through your amazing Melanie's Munchies.  We are so grateful for your donation and for your kindness is helping us gift happiness in your treats.

For more information about Melanie's Munchies, please visit her website.

________________________________________________________________________________

We'd also like to recognize and thank Abby's Bake Shoppe for their donation and gift of homemade, gourmet brownies and cookies.  Abby's Bake Shoppe recently opened and with my love of sweet treats and irresistible craving of chocolate chip cookies, I had to try some of theirs after I saw the pictures of their cookies posted.  I was not disappointed in the least.  Abby herself personally delivered them to our home, and within hours our family had devoured the entire batch of cookies she shared with us.


I knew we wanted to incorporate her goodies into NKP as well, with the hopes of helping her get her business name out too.  After talking with her, she graciously agreed to donate her products as well.  We are excited to again share her cookies with others this coming weekend and also her gourmet brownies.


Abby we wish you great success with your new venture and are so thankful for your donation to help us spread kindness at NKP

If you'd like to order any of the many great products Abby's Bake Shoppe has to offer, please visit her Facebook page.

________________________________________________________________________________
Kidding Around Acres is another small business we want to recognize and thank for their support of Noah's Kindness Project.  

Noah's Nana and Papa are good friends of the owner Jodie.  Jodie lives back in Iowa and started her own soap making business using goat milk. We were lucky enough to try out some of her handmade soap last year and we were sold.  This soap is the most fragrant, yummy smelling and moisturizing soup I think I've ever tried. 
I loved the smell of the soap I got so much, that I actually didn't even use it.  I was given one of her lavender soaps and I had just found out I was pregnant with Jennings.  I had morning sickness pretty much all day for the first several weeks and her soap was my lifesaver.  I honestly carried around the bar of soap I was given in my pocket for weeks.  When I started to feel nauseous I would smell the soap and it helped me a lot.  

Then I actually tired it and fell more in love with how great it is.  There are many different flavors/kinds of soap she makes so I encourage you to visit her website and try some for yourself today.  

We were greatly honored to hear a few months ago that Jodi so kindly made up a soap for Noah's Kindness Project.  She called it Noah's Rainbow and the soap is rainbow colored!  It's so beautiful!  And as pretty as it is to look at, it smells just as great.  


Thanks to Nana and Papa and Jodi we are going to be giving the gift of Noah's Rainbow soap to the momma's in the Antepartum unit.  I remember when I was there, I wasn't supposed to get out of bed, only to use the bathroom.  I went a week without a shower or bath.  Jarrett and I were just talking tonight about what a nice gift this will be for those momma's laying in bed hoping for the best for their babies.  Even a sponge bath with a warm washcloth and yummy smelling soap will help them feel relaxed and refreshed. 

Thank you Jodi for creating this soap in Noah's memory and to Nana and Papa for helping to share the gift.


________________________________________________________________________________

Again there are so many to thank, please know just how much each of your contributions and gifts mean to us.  

With just a few days away, we hope you are getting as excited as we are to share kindness far and wide.

Until next time,
Angie








1 comment:

  1. Angie & Family: To say you all inspire me is an understatement. You are truly remarkable. This selfless act speaks volumes about the love and compassion that you've generated through Noah's Kindness Project. Thank YOU for letting me be a (very) small part of this amazing day. You are all extraordinary. Sending hugs in spades...Mother Melanie

    ReplyDelete

Noah's Kindness Project 2023- September 16!

 This year we will celebrate Noah's Kindness Project on the afternoon of Saturday, September 16.  We'd love for you to join us for a...